Thursday, February 16, 2012

The designer in me

The designer in me has been speaking in a louder voice as of late.  The pattern originally called for eyelet lace and beading around the neckline.  I was unable to locate any eyelet that looked appropriate - time for a design change.  I opted to make create a row of chiffon puffing in a blush/champagne color in place of the beading as well as replacing the eyelet lace with the delicate edge of chantilly lace in the same blush color.  It seems to coordinate well with the ivory silk and if anyone was to wear the slip the skin color would further blend the puffing and chantilly with the silk.  I have also been tweaking the design around the arm scythe, again the pattern called for a wider lace in eyelet to go around.  I am going to opt for a soft gathered cap sleeve using the chiffon and chantilly border.  Another design upgrade I have been toying with is to line the lace insert with more of the chiffon bringing the second color throught the design and add a bit of modesty to the sheer lace I have used.                

2 comments:

  1. Hi! My mom is participating in the project and I just had to leave a comment to say how pretty I think your photo is :) It looks beautiful. I just wanted to let you know if you ever have questions about blogging or photography my "door" is open - it's been a lot of fun helping my mom with her blog - mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to play around with the trim - and I love it when people add a little color to their designs. =) Your slip is looking very pretty!

    ReplyDelete