Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In production

Looks like I am about one-third of the way done with the slip.  I decided to make it as printed to work out any design  or sizing issues.  I have already had requests to turn it into a nightgown...  I will have to relocate the insertion lace a bit too daring for day to day wear. 
 As you can see by the close up the lace was designed to run along the princess seams down the center and bust apex.  Possible solutions into making this an everyday item would be swap out the lace for Swiss insertion with an all-over embroidered design.  Additionally the center panel did appear  proportionally wider than the original design sketch using given design elements.  To correct this visually I used one and one-half inch wide insertion centering down the front but, on the sides I placed three quarters of the insertion on the front panel.  Original sketch below.         

1 comment:

  1. I noticed the center panel was too wide as well - ended up taking out 2 inches on the center front to put my princess seams where they needed to be!

    Yours looks beautiful so far! You could wear it as a dress if you made a plain cotton spaghetti-strap slip to wear under it - especially if you made the under-slip in a soft color (something very current and in-style right now). That way you can still show off the lace detail without showing more than you want of yourself. =)

    Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete