Thursday, February 9, 2012

I got one!

Opted in for what they are calling the challenge pattern.  It is a lovely full length slip with insertion lace throughout.  I have printed the pages off and thanks to my older model printer the pages did not come out in order.  Challenge number 1 put the pages back in order..  accomplished.  Challenge number 2 to come up with an acceptable substitute for the 12 yards of  1 inch wide insertion lace the pattern calls for.  Quality insertion runs about $6.00 per yard, for a trial I need to substitute.  Found my answer at work; the fabric department has on clearance "lace" on a spool pre-cut 6inch wide basic lace in a 10 yard length for $2.39 can I argue with that?  I plan on cutting it in half and backing it with tulle or organza in a coordinating color.  Number 2 challenge overcome  this weekend I hope to get some sewing in - after I paint my closet and wallpaper the ceiling.      

No comments:

Post a Comment